Kathie Lee & Hoda Cook With Their Mothers
Kathie Lee and Hoda invited both of their mothers on the show to cook up some delicious dishes for your Easter dinner. Hoda’s mother, Sami, made a pecan chocolate pie recipe and Kathie Lee’s mother, Joan, made a pork loin with sauerkraut recipe.
They didn’t have much time for chit chat during the segment because everyone was laughing at Joan for forgetting how to make her own pork loin recipe. She couldn’t even figure out how to get the pork loin in the oven. She just kept telling everyone to pretend that is was cooking.
Anyways, you can get both recipes below.
Sami Kotb Pecan Chocolate Pie Recipe
Sami Kotb Pecan Chocolate Pie Ingredients:
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 table spoon of butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 3 ounces semi sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 (9-inch) pie shell, unbaked
Sami Kotb Pecan Chocolate Pie Directions:
- Pre-heat oven at 350 degrees.
- Spread pecans on the bottom of the pie crust.
- Whisk together the eggs and melted butter and then add sugar, corn syrup and chopped chocolate into the egg and butter mix. Whisk everything together.
- Pour mixture into pie shell over the pecans.
- Place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream.
Joan Epstein Pork Loin Roast With Sauerkraut Recipe
Joan Epstein Pork Loin Roast With Sauerkraut Ingredients:
- 1 four pound boneless pork loin roast
- 2 16 oz. cans or bags of sauerkraut
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
Joan Epstein Pork Loin Roast With Sauerkraut Directions:
- Rub a mixture of paprika and garlic salt all over roast.
- In the roasting pan pour in 1 tablespoon of oil and brown the roast on all sides.
- Place roasting pan in a 325 degree oven. Cook uncovered for 25 minutes per pound.
- In the last hour, mix in the sauerkraut into the juices in the pan around the roast and finish baking.