Teresa Giudice: Fabulicious On the Grill Review
Teress Giudice is a best-selling cookbook author and star of the turbulent Real Housewives of New Jersey. However, Teresa put the drama aside today with Kathie Lee & Hoda, when she shared summer recipes from her brand new book, Fabulicious On the Grill. Teresa – who has been working out and looks very fit and healthy – loves to share these easy recipes with her four young daughters: Gia, Gabriella, Melania and Audriana.
Teresa Giudice Marinated Chicken With Apple Rings Recipe
Kathie Lee and Hoda helped Teresa prepare her marinated chicken with apple rings recipe. Check out the recipe for yourself below and try it out this summer on the grill!
Ingredients For Marinade
- 3/4 cup apple cider or apple juice
- 3/4 cup dry white wine, like Pinot Grigio
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
Ingredients For Chicken
- 3 apples, washed but unpeeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch rings (Red Delicious or Golden Delicious)
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (each six ounces)
Directions For Marinade
- Add apple cider, wine, onion, oil, rosemary, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and whisk together.
- Place apple rings in a 1-quart resealable plastic bag. Pour about 1/3 cup of the marinade, close the bag and set aside.
Directions For Chicken
- Making only one at a time, place one chicken breast half between 2 plastic storage bags. With a flat meat pounder or rolling pin, pound the chicken until it is about 1/2-inch-thick. Take the chicken breast halves and place in a 1-gallon resealable plastic bag, add the remaining marinade and seal. Let the bags of chicken and apple marinate in the fridge, turning occasionally, for one to two hours.
- Remove the chicken and apples from the bag, transfer to a plate and discard the marinade. Let the chicken and apples stand at room temperature while preheating the grill the 400 degrees.
- Place the chicken on the heated grill cooking grate and close the lid. Grill until the undersides are seared with grill marks, about four minutes. Flip the chicken over and cook, with the lid closed as much as possible, until it feels firm when pressed with your finger, about an additional four to six minutes. Transfer cooked chicken to a platter and keep warm while apples grill. Add the apples to the grill and cook, with the lid closed, flipping once, until seared with grill marks and crisp-tender, about four to five minutes total. Add chicken and apples to a platter and serve.