Kathie Lee & Hoda: Chef Seamus Mullen Ham and Lamb Easter Recipes
Cooking a big dinner for Easter can be tricky, but one of the most difficult decisions anyone hosting an Easter dinner has to make is whether they want to serve lamb or ham for dinner. Seamus Mullen stopped by the fourth hour of the Today Show to go over the best way to serve both meats and not make a huge mess in the kitchen.
Seamus Mullen Maple-Cider Glazed Spiral Cut Ham Recipe
Seamus Mullen Maple-Cider Glazed Spiral Cut Ham Ingredients:
- 1 fully cooked spiral cut ham
- Kosher salt
- Fresh pepper
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups apple cider, reduced to 1 cup
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh nutmeg
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced to a paste
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
Seamus Mullen Maple-Cider Glazed Spiral Cut Ham Directions:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees fahrenheit. Place the ham in a roasting pan with 1 cup of water, cover with foil and roast in the oven until heated through, about one and a half hours.
- Meanwhile in a sauce pot, heat the apple cider with nutmeg, cinnamon and clove and reduce from 2 cups to 1 cup and whisk in the garlic and Dijon mustard. Once the ham is heated all the way through, remove the foil, discard any remaining water and increase the oven temp to 400 degrees. With a pastry brush, evenly coat the ham with the maple-cider glaze and return to the oven for 30 minutes, glazing every 5-10 minutes until golden and nicely glazed.
Seamus Mullen Spice Crusted Lamb Chops Recipes
Seamus Mullen Spice Crusted Lamb Chops Ingredients:
- 4 loin chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, ground
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, ground
- 2 teaspoon coriander seed, ground
- 1 tablespoon ground black peppercorn
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 orange
- Kosher salt to taste
Seamus Mullen Spice Crusted Lamb Chops Directions:
- Rub chops on all sides with spice blend. Heat olive oil over high heat in a cast iron skillet. Sear the chops for three minutes on each side until golden. Remove from the pan and rest for a few minutes before serving.
Seamus Mullen Herb Risotto Recipe
Seamus Mullen Herb Risotto Ingredients:
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 free range eggs
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Herb purée
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 bunch sage
- 1 bunch oregano
- 1 bunch basil
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon, juiced
Seamus Mullen Herb Risotto Directions:
- In a medium-sized pot, heat the stock up to a simmer, then turn off. In a food processor or blender, blend ingredients for herb purée and set aside.
- Toast the rice, stirring to keep it from burning, for 2 minutes until the grains of rice begin to turn translucent. After 2 minutes, add the white wine and cook to allow the alcohol to evaporate, about 1 minute. Season lightly with Kosher salt and with a ladle, add the stock a little at a time, stirring constantly in the same direction with a rubber spatula (this keeps you from crushing the grains of rice). As the rice absorbs the stock, add a little bit more, taking care not to boil the rice. Once the rice is nearly fully cooked, about 18 minutes, season it with fresh ground pepper and fold in the grated cheese. Cook for another 2 minutes, then remove from the heat and emulsify in the butter until creamy. The rice should be nice and creamy, but you should be able to see each individual grain.
- Fold herb purée into risotto, top with parmesan, drizzle with olive oil and enjoy.