Today’s Kitchen: Seamus Mullen’s Hero Food Review
Famous Seamus Mullen joins Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb in Today’s Kitchen to cook up some of his specialties from his new book, Seamus Mullen’s Hero Food: How Cooking with Delicious Things Makes Us Feel Better, such as Pintxo Moruno and a delicious Peach, Ricotta, Honey & Pistachio Dessert!
Seamus Mullen: Pintxo Moruno Recipe
- 1 pound lamb, top round or lamb loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons Moruno spice blend
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups olive oil
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped mint
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Metal or bamboo skewers for grilling
- Maldon salt or Sel Gris
- A few drizzles of good quality extra-virgin olive oil
- Skewer the lamb onto the skewers and season with kosher salt and Moruno spice mix. I like to skewer three cubes each to make a nice-sized appetizer.
- In a large baking pan, combine the olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, parsley and mint and add the skewers of lamb, turning to coat thoroughly in the marinade.
- Cover with plastic and set aside to marinate for a few hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Pre-heat the grill or a griddle pan to medium-high and quickly sear the skewers about 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Season with finishing salt and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and serve.