Kathie Lee & Hoda: Lactose-Free Blueberry Muffin Recipe
Did you know Hoda is lactose intolerant? It doesn’t seem like she is since she is always eating the recipes from the day’s show, but she said she is indeed lactose intolerant. To make sure Hoda gets some recipes she can make at home, the Today Show invited Melissa D’Arabian on the show to give them some great lactose-free recipes.
A couple of points she made before she started cooking was that there is butter in the recipes but butter contains very little lactose, so unless you are very sensitive to lactose, it should be safe to eat.
Another point she made was not to stir the muffin batter too much. She said the more you stir, the more the gluten develops.
Kathie Lee and Hoda Lactose-Free Blueberry Muffins Recipe
Kathie Lee and Hoda Lactose-Free Blueberry Muffin Ingredients:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 beaten eggs
- 3/4 cup Lactaid Reduced Fat Milk
- 1/2 cup melted butter or cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or frozen blueberries, thawed
- Coarse sugar
Kathie Lee and Hoda Lactose Free Blueberry Muffin Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease six 3 1/2-inch muffin cups. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; set aside.
- In a small bowl combine eggs, Lactaid Reduced Fat Milk, butter and orange peel. Add all at once to the flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in blueberries.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven about 20 minutes or until golden. Cool in muffin cups on wire rack for five minutes.
Kathie Lee and Hoda Almond Mocha Iced Coffee Recipe
Kathie Lee and Hoda Almond Mocha Iced Coffee Ingredients:
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules, regular or decaffeinated
- 4 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 3/4 cups Lactaid Chocolate Lowfat Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
Kathie Lee and Hoda Almond Mocha Iced Coffee Directions:
- Dissolve instant coffee into boiling water. Add in Lactaid Chocolate Lowfat Milk and almond extract and stir.