Kathie Lee & Hoda: Salvation Army
Kathie Lee & Hoda continued to promote her new Salvation Army fundraiser cookbook, The Good Gifts: One Year in the Heart of a Home, with a visit from Joy Bauer, whose one-pot recipe for Buffalo Chicken Chili is featured in its pages. Kathie Lee’s cookbook sold out, but until they print some more, you can enjoy the recipes Joy shared on TV.
Today Show: Joy Bauer Buffalo Chicken Chili Recipe Ingredients
“So many people love buffalo wings,” Joy Bauer said. This recipe gives you the same flavor at a fraction of the calories. One serving is about 330 calories. Think about doubling or tripling the recipe and freezing the extras for a future meal.
- 6 peeled, sliced Carrots
- 6 cloves minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder
- 4 cups Vegetable Juice
- Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt (or use Light Sour Cream)
- 6 sliced stalks Celery
- 2 lb Ground Chicken
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1/3 cup Hot Sauce (to taste)
- chopped Scallions
- Whipped Blue Cheese Topping
- Cooking Spray
Whipped Blue Cheese Topping Ingredients
- 1/4 cup room temperature Blue Cheese Crumbles
- 1/4 cup Light Sour Cream (or use Greek Yogurt)
Joy Bauer: Kathie Lee & Hoda Buffalo Chicken Chili Recipe Directions
- Prepare a Dutch oven with cooking spray and place it on medium high heat.
- Saute carrots with celery for about 10 minutes. Add water by the tablespoon to prevent vegetables from burning.
- Saute garlic for one minute. Then add ground chicken and more cooking spray as needed.
- Saute chicken, stirring and crumbling it for around five minutes, until cooked through.
- Scrape the pan bottom with a wooden spoon.
- Add flour with chili powder and stir to combine.
- Next, add hot sauce with vegetable juice. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, partly covered, for around 20 minutes, stirring now and then.
- Combine blue cheese topping ingredients.
- Serve chili with Greek yogurt, scallions, and/or blue cheese topping.
Today Show: Joy Bauer Berkshire Iced Tea Recipe
Joy’s Berkshire Iced Tea cocktail has 100 calories with the alcohol, and just 25 calories if you leave that out.
- 1 Lemon-Ginger Tea Bag
- 1/4 cup Grapefruit Juice
- 1 tbsp Rum
- 8 oz boiling Water
- 1 tbsp Vodka
- 1 1/2 tbsp chopped Mint
- Steep the tea bag in boiling water for about five minutes.
- Discard the tea bag and cool the tea in your refrigerator.
- Combine cooled tea with vodka, rum, grapefruit juice, and mint.
- Stir and serve over ice.