Today’s Kitchen: Paula Deen
More than a year after an embarrassing public scandal rocked her food empire, Southern chef Paula Deen returned to Today Show, along with her sons, Bobby and Jamie, to talk about their new venture, the Paula Deen Network. They showed Kathie Lee & Hoda how to make her classic Fried Apple Pies Recipe.
Today Show: Paula Deen Network
You can find plenty of recipes and new content from Paula on the Paula Deen Network, a new digital venture. Fans can subscribe to the Paula Deen Network for access to original shows and classic videos from her previous appearances on the Food Network.
The network will be streaming 24/7, and Paula said it will include grocery lists to make shopping simple if you want to cook these recipes. You can watch content on your computer, tablet, or phone, and Paula Deen is offering a two-week free trial for people who want to see how it works.
Kathie Lee & Hoda: Paula Deen Fried Apple Pies Recipe Ingredients
With apples in season for fall, this is a classic treat you maybe didn’t know how to make at home.
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 package chilled Flaky Biscuit Dough
- 4 peeled, cored, sliced McIntosh Apples (or 1 can Apple Pie Filling)
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Water
- Powdered Sugar
Paula Deen: Today Show Fried Apple Pies Recipe Directions
- To prepare the filling, melt butter in a saute pan.
- Add apples with cinnamon, sugar, and lemon juice.
- Cook on medium for about 15 minutes, to soften the apples.
- Take off heat and let cool.
- Roll biscuit dough on a flat surface.
- Form dough into eight circles, about 7 or 8 inches in diameter.
- Place a few tablespoons of filling on each circle.
- Brush the edges of each with water.
- Fold circles over to form crescent shapes.
- Use fork tines to crimp and seal the edges closed.
- Preheat a deep fryer or heat oil in a deep pan to 350 F.
- Carefully add pies to oil, frying to golden brown.
- Turn as needed, cooking for six or seven minutes total.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.