Kathie Lee & Hoda: Favorite Weekend Activities
Les from Seattle wanted to know what Kathie Lee and Hoda like doing on the weekend.
Kathie Lee said she likes going to the movies or maybe to the theater but her all-time favorite way to spend the weekend is with a good book she wants to read and not something she has to read for work.
Hoda said she goes to Washington, D.C. often to spend time with her family, but if she stays in New York City she generally lounges around her house and just hangs out.
Kathie Lee & Hoda: Favorite Vacation Spot
Gina wanted to know where Kathie Lee and Hoda like to spend their vacation time.
Kathie Lee said she loves going to Italy for a relaxing vacation.
Hoda told Gina she heads right for the Caribbean where she can relax on the beach with a good book.
Kathie Lee & Hoda: Ben Pollinger Baked Alaskan Cod Recipe
Ben Pollinger stopped by the set of Kathie Lee and Hoda to show them how to whip up an easy baked Alaskan cod recipe. He said he wanted to make something with Alaskan cod because it is far more sustainable than the cod in Cape Cod. Plus, it is really healthy. Keep scrolling to get the recipe.
Ben Pollinger Baked Alaskan Cod Ingredients:
- 4 8-ounce pieces boneless, skinless Alaskan cod
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 medium Yukon Gold or other waxy potato
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley or 1 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tbsp julienne basil or 1 tsp dry basil
Kathie Lee and Hoda Baked Alaskan Cod Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper and drizzle 2 tbsp of the extra-virgin olive oil on the fish and set aside.
- Cut both peppers in half, remove seeds and cut into strips about 1/4-inch wide.
- Peel onion, cut out root end, cut in half and then into strips about 1/4-inch wide.
- Wash potato, cut into slices about 1/4-inch wide, then cut the slices into strips about 1/4-inch wide.
- Peel carrot, cut into three sections. Slice each section about 1/4-inch wide, then cut the slices into strips about 1/4-inch wide.
- Peel the garlic clove and slice as thin as possible.
- Place all vegetables, garlic and herbs in a mixing bowl. Drizzle with the remaining 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place vegetable mix in a 9×13 baking dish, cover with foil and bake 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and remove foil. Place fish on top of vegetables, return dish to oven, bake until fish is cooked through, approximately 8 minutes.