Genevieve Gorder: How To Create Curb Appeal
Your house may be beautifully decorated on the inside, but don’t forget that the outside of your home needs some TLC, too. HGTV host Genevieve Gorder joined Kathie Lee & Hoda to share how you can create curb appeal to make your home even more inviting.
Genevieve shared some Before & After photos, but first, she discussed a few simple rules for creating curb appeal:
- treat the exterior of your home like you treat the interior.
- add color, depth, and an inviting feel.
- you want your house to be “a seductress,” inviting people to your door.
Genevieve Gorder: Hedges & Flowers To Create Curb Appeal
Genevieve shared three different houses: a relatively plain, box-style home, a Cape Cod style home with outdated shutters, and a Victorian home. For the first, she suggested adding a tree in the foreground to add some perspective, and a low hedge to break up the straight lines. Similarly, low hedges and flowers, as well as new shutters, improved the second home. Finally, she suggested jazzing up the Victorian home with an era-specific door and porch swing.
For more of Genevieve’s tips, catch HGTV Star, which premieres Sunday June 9, 2013.
Anthony Carrino & John Colaneri: Cousins Undercover
Next, HGTV’s Anthony Carrino and John Colaneri shared ways to update your living space without maxing out your credit cards. Anthony and John are the hosts of a brand new show called Cousins Undercover, where they will be highlighting huge surprise home renovations. With Kathie Lee & Hoda, the guys showed off some of their favorite new home products.
Urbio Magnetic Wall Garden Review
- The Urbio Magnetic Wall Garden is great for growing herbs or plants right on your wall. It’s convenient and makes a nice focal point for a room.
- With the CanvasPop, you can upload your Instagram photos to high-quality canvas photos and decorate your home.
Radio Thermostat CT30 Review
- The Radio Theromostat CT30 is inexpensive and programmable with your iPhone.
UFO Power Center Review
- The UFO Power Center helps monitor the amount of electricity your appliances use. Keep it on your kitchen counter and you can turn off the outlet when you don’t need it.
Wemo Switch + Motion
- With the Wemo Switch + Motion, you can conserve energy.
Color Blocking Trend
Decorate your table in the popular monochromatic color blocking trend. Table setting pieces were from Pier 1, Bed Bath & Beyond, and Target.