Kathie Lee & Hoda: Affordable Easter Styles
With spring starting tomorrow, Hoda and Dule Hill looked at some of the most affordable Easter styles on the market. They teamed up with the author of Wear This, Toss That, Amy Goodman, to get the best deals they could find.
The first group of Easter styles were dresses from the 1960s with lots of neons and floral prints. She said all the styles on the show were even wearable after Easter.
- Hannah Anderson Printed Dresses – $28
For any garden parties you might have lined up this weekend, Goodman had some modern floral dresses from Kohl’s, as well as an argyle sweater paired with some brown moccasins. Goodman also said the dresses on the show are going to 40 to 50 percent off at Kohl’s later this week.
- Children’s Place Argyle Vest – $14
- Haute Look Dresses – $49
- TJ Maxx Orange Fringe Dress – $40
Geek chic is back this year with more 1960s styles. Goodman dressed one family’s children in matching seersucker suits with shorts on one child and pants on the other. For the mother, she dressed her in a dress from the Mad Men collection at Banana Republic. One of the little boys also had a bow tie on from Stinky McGee.
- Nordstrom Seersucker Separates – $36
- Stinky McGee Bowtie – $28
- Man Men Collection Shift Dress – $130
Fashion is about green this season and everyone is going to be wearing fedoras, even the children.
- Burlington Coat Factory Dress – $17
- Children’s Place Fedora – $13
- Tassle Dress by Piperlime – $89
Kathie Lee & Hoda: Best Wines For Easter and Passover
Hoda loves drinking and Dule Hill said he is a big fan of Fonsecas so what better way to end the show than to finish off with a glass of some great wines under $15. To help them find the best wines for Easter and Passover, the fourth hour of the Today Show called on executive wine editor at Food & Wine magazine, Ray Isle.
- 2011 Barkan Classic Chardonnay – A light chardonnay that complements meals like matzo ball soup.
- 2012 Segal’s Fusion – A full and rich wine with berry and currant notes.
- Baron Herzog Old Vine Lodi Zinfandel – Isle said this is the perfect wine for chocolate.
- NV Sciarpa Prosecco – Isle said this is the perfect wine to go with a ham dinner because it will cancel out the saltiness of the ham.
- 2011 Yalumba Y Series Shiraz – If you are having lamb for Easter, this is the wine to pair with it.
- Fonseca Fine Tawny Port – This was Dule Hill’s favorite wine.