Kathie Lee & Hoda: Who Knew Summer Trivia Game
Kathie Lee and Hoda are kicking off summer with a summer edition of their Who Knew? trivia game. They also brought on Lucky magazine editor, Lori Bergamotto, to explain some of the answers even further.
The summer solstice occurs when? – When the sun reaches the highest position in the sky. Bergamotto said this is when the sun is at the northernmost point in the sky.
June 21st is the longest day of the year. What is the longest movie ever made? – The Cure for Insomnia. Bergamotto explained this is an art film from 1987. The movie is 5,220 minutes long, meaning about three and half days long. The film as made by John Henry Timmis and it features a man reading a poem while other unsuitable images for work appear on the screen.
Today Show: First Day of Summer & Hot Fun In The Summertime
June 21st is also the first day of summer which means beach season. When was the bikini first invented? – 1946. The bikini was invented by Louis Reard in 1946 and he named it the bikini after bikini atoll, the spot where the atomic bombs were being tested. He said it would be a bigger deal than the bomb.
Who originally sang “Hot Fun in the Summertime?” – Sly and Family Stone. The song was a huge hit for them in 1969 and has been continuously re-recorded by numerous bands throughout the years.
What color is the sun? – White. Black is the absence of colors and white is all the colors. Bergamotto explained that the sun does not look yellow until the light has reached our eyes.
Kathie Lee & Hoda: What the What Photos
Kathie Lee and Hoda looked at some funny viewer submitted photos.
- Caption contest winner – It was a picture of one baby “punching” another and the caption read, “That’s for hogging my side of the uterus.”
- The next photo was of a scratch and sniff sticker pack with farm animals.
- A little kid was sitting on the ground pouting because there was a sign in the grass that said to keep off grass.
- A “Beware of Dog Sign” on a cage with a duck inside.
- The last picture was of a van with a sign showing prices for manicures and pedicures which are done in the van.