Kathie Lee & Hoda: What the What Photos
Kathie Lee and Hoda looked at some viewer submitted photos in their What the What segment.
- The first picture was the winner of the caption contest. It showed a girl hugging a horse and the captions read “I wanted to be in the Budweiser Clydesdale commercial.”
- The next photo was a picture of wine in the energy drink section of a grocery store.
- The third photo was a fortune from a fortune cookie that read, “A good way to keep healthy is by eating more Chinese food.”
- The third photo was a picture of a BBQ restaurant with a sign that read, “You can smell our butts for miles.”
- The final picture was an advertisement that read, “Sale at Marie’s. All panties are 1/2 off.”
Kathie Lee & Hoda: St. Patrick’s Day Quiz
In preparation for St. Patrick’s Day, Kathie Lee headed outside where she told a few lucky Today Show fans they were going to have the chance to win $100 if they could answer Hoda’s St. Patrick’s Day questions correctly.
- What do each of the clovers on a four leaf clover represent? – Hope, faith, love and luck. Miriam Nyhan, a faculty member at the Glucksman Ireland House at NYU, told Hoda the shamrock is the more prevalent plant in Irish folklore and not the clover.
- On the average day, 5.5 million pints of Guinness are drank. How many are consumed on St. Patrick’s Day? – Over 13 million pints.
- Was the first St. Patrick’s Day parade in Dublin, Ireland? – It was not. It was first celebrated in North America. Nyhan said it was either celebrated first in Boston or New York, no one is sure. She said the first official parade was in New York in 1762.
- How many St. Patrick’s Day cards do Americans exchange annually? – Around seven million. Nyhan said more cards are sent on St.Patrick’s Day in America than there are people in the whole of Ireland.
- What do Leprechauns do for a living? – They make shoes for fairies. Nyham said the legend of Leprechauns is pretty murky but it has always been said their 9 to 5 is making shoes.