The View Cook-Off Vs The Chew
Sherri Shepherd and Carla Hall teamed up in The View Vs The Chew Cook-Off. They worked together on a Red Beans and Rice Recipe. Plus, gluten-free divas Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Daphne Oz made an Eggplant Chicken Lentil dish.
The View: Carla Hall Red Beans And Rice Recipe Ingredients
- 2 lb Turkey Sausage
- Kidney Beans
- Cooked Bacon, cubed
- 3 ribs Celery, chopped
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- Cumin Seeds
- Bay Leaf
- Tomato Puree
- Chicken Stock
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
The View: Red Beans and Rice Directions
- In a pan with olive oil, begin cooking turkey kielbasa with ready-to-cook beans.
- Add chopped vegetables to the pot.
- Add seasonings and tomato puree to the pot.
- Stir to occasionally to mix well.
- Add chicken stock to deglaze the pan.
- Put cooked bacon back in the mix.
- Cover and simmer about 20 minutes.
- Serve cooked mixture over brown rice.
Carla Hall said that she learned to cook while she was a model working in Paris.
The View: Daphne Oz & Elisabeth Hasselbeck
Daphne Oz teamed up with Elisabeth Hasselbeck for the final dish in the day’s contest between The View Vs The Chew. Both team members have gluten-free diets.
The View: Eggplant Chicken Thighs Recipe Ingredients
- Chicken Thighs (bone-in, skin-on)
- Japanese Eggplant
- Brown Lentils
- Onion, diced
- Chicken Stock
The View: Eggplant Chicken Thighs Directions
- Heat olive oil in a large pot on medium high.
- Brown your chicken thighs on both sides until golden brown. Set aside.
- Saute eggplant in olive oil.
- Mix in onion, cilantro, cumin, and oregano.
- Toast dry lentils for just 30 seconds in the pot.
- Then mix in chicken stock and crushed tomatoes.
- Return browned chicken to the pan.
- Cover and simmer 30-40 until fork-tender.
- Add bay leaf and chili flakes if desired.
- Serve with fresh spinach leaves and pasta.
- This makes great leftovers too, according to Daphne.
Daphne Oz said that shopping farmer’s markets is a great way to find deals on organic foods. Important things to find organic include thin-skinned fruits and berries. But other stuff, such as canned beans, can be bought at any store.
The View Vs The Chew Cookoff Winner
To pick a winner from the day’s four recipes, two guest judges from the audience, Keisha and Mary, tasted all four dishes.
So who won? The audience judges ultimately chose Michael and Joy’s meatballs recipe. You can try them all and tell us what you think is the best dish.