The View: Hungry Girl Artichoke Chicken & Buffalo Mac & Cheese Recipes

ADVERTISEMENT

The View: Hungry Girl

On The View, Lisa Lillien, the Hungry Girl who creates comfort food from diet-friendly ingredients, showed off some of her latest and greatest recipes from Hungry Girl To The Max, her seventh cookbook.

Lisa compared herself to a mad scientist, because she loves to eat, but wants to find a way to cut the fat and calories out of favorite foods. She said that she focuses on recipes you can make in a short amount of time.

ADVERTISEMENT

The View: Spinach Artichoke Chicken Recipe

The View: Hungry Girl Artichoke Chicken & Buffalo Mac & Cheese Recipes

Lisa Lillien, author of Hungry Girl To The Max, showed her ingredient swap ideas for Spinach Artichoke Chicken, Buffalo Mac & Cheese, and light cocktails. (ABC/Donna Svennevik)

Gooey restaurant appetizers such as Spinach Artichoke dip can really add up in calories. But Lisa’s version, her Spinach Artichoke Chicken Recipe, makes it a chicken entree, with only 252 calories and 4.5 grams of fat. Her swap ingredients include spinach leaves, Laughing Cow cheese, and reduced fat Parmesan.

Hungry Girl: Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese Recipe

Macaroni and cheese is one of the most popular foods out there. Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese gives you that buffalo wing flavor, using high fiber pasta combined with veggies, which are also reminiscent of fried chicken wings.

ADVERTISEMENT

Get this one for just 267 calories and 3.5 grams of fat. Or try another Lisa Lillien Mac & Cheese Recipe.

The View: Outside-In Turkey Tamale Pie Recipe

Who doesn’t love Mexican food? This is a dish you can make in a slow cooker and sounds like an alternative version of chili. With just 230 calories and 7.5 grams of fat in a cup, how can you go wrong? Guest co-host Nene Leakes definitely approved of this Outside-In Turkey Tamale Pie recipe, made from lean turkey and canned vegetables.

Hungry Girl: Lisa Lillien 80-20 Rule

Lisa said that she lives by her 80-20 rule, by eating healthy 80% of the time and giving herself a pass for the other 20% of the time. That means you can still indulge in high-calorie favorites, but you can still feel great about eating right.

The View: Caramelized Onion Cheese Quesadilla Recipe

This dish has only 292 calories and 9.5 grams of fat. The secret ingredient is the tortilla. Check the label for under 110 calories, as well as high fiber. Reduced fat cheese and more Laughing Cow are also in Lisa’s arsenal. Check out another Hungry Girl Quesadilla Recipe.

Lisa Lillien: Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Cupcakes Recipe

One cupcake has 135 calories and four grams of fat. These snacks have everything you could want, and they are almost completely guilt-free. There are no eggs and oil in this recipe, which is what helps keep them healthy.

The View: Apple Cinnamon Cosmo

Last but not least, Lisa made fat free cosmos with only 145 calories. Since alcohol is already high in calories, you want to use mixers that are lower in calories to balance that out. Think of sparkling cider or diet cranberry juice. Get more Hungry Girl Cocktails.

All these and more great recipes are in Hungry Girl To The Max.

ADVERTISEMENT

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Human Verification: In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.