The View Vs The Chew Cook-Off
Guest host Mario Batali presided over a crossover special in which The View and The Chew co-hosts paired up to make delicious dishes. Whoopi Goldberg was paired with Mario Batali to make Caribbean Sloppy Joes and Meatballs In Red Sauce.
The View: Caribbean Sloppy Joes Recipe Ingredients
- 1 lb Ground Meat
- 1 Onion
- 1 clove Garlic
- 5 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 12 oz Ginger Beer
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
The View: Mario Batali Sloppy Joes Recipe Directions
- Slice an onion and garlic. Saute it in a skillet with a pound of ground meat in olive oil.
- Add brown sugar, cayenne, cinnamon, and paprika.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Mix in tomato paste, stirring all ingredients constantly.
- Add 12 oz ginger beer to the skillet.
- Bring to a boil. Then simmer for 25 minutes, until done.
The View: Mario Batali Island Style Relish
- Combine fresh pineapple, a shallot, jalapeno, cilantro and red wine vinegar in a bowl to create a relish.
- Toast your buns before serving sloppy joes topped with a little relish.
Mario Batali’s advice when cooking for others is to strike a balance and find something that all your guests can enjoy and feel great about. That is easier said than done, but I appreciate the sentiment.
The View: Michael Symon’s Meatballs Recipe