The Talk: Mother’s Day Brunch
Chef Todd English was in The Talk’s kitchen with some Mother’s Day brunch recipes. His latest cookbook is called Cooking In Everyday English. He shared his Crab Cakes Recipe with Smoked Salmon on the show. Plus, read on for Red Velvet Pancakes.
The Talk: Todd English Crab Cakes Recipe
You don’t want crab cakes to be too bready or crumble. Todd English said you still want good sized chunks of crab in your finished product.
The Talk Crab Cakes Recipe Ingredients
- 1 lb Crab Meat
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Panko
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- Lemon Zest
- Green Onions
- Vegetable Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Smoked Salmon
Todd English Crab Cakes Recipe Directions
- Remove shell bits from crab meat if needed.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl and add remaining ingredients, except vegetable oil and salmon.
- Mix in crab meat and shape into small patties, about 1” thick.
- Arrange on a baking sheet. Cover the sheet and refrigerate for half an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Prepare a baking sheet with foil.
- Pour oil 1/4” deep in a skillet.
- Fry crab cakes in batches, three minutes per side.
- Transfer fried cakes to baking sheet and heat for about six minutes in the oven.
- Garnish with smoked salmon and serve.
The Talk: Red Velvet Pancakes Recipe Ingredients
Todd English said you can get in on the red velvet trend with another Mother’s Day treat: Red Velvet Pancakes. Check out how you can make these at home.
- 5 1/2 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbsp Red Food Coloring
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tbsp & 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 4 cups Buttermilk
- 4 Eggs
- 1 stick Butter, melted
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Salt
The Talk: Todd English Red Velvet Pancakes Recipe Directions
- Combine all ingredients except butter. Work out any lumps.
- Add butter and whisk as needed.
- Pour batter in 1/2 cup portions onto a heated grill or skillet.
- Cook pancakes about five minutes on each side.
- Transfer to a warm plate.
- Keep them warm in the oven if needed, until serving.
- Top with cheesecake for a decadent treat!