The Talk: Sandra Lee Holiday Recipes
The Talk invited Sandra Lee on the show to show them how to make a delicious holiday feast. And they got right down to business. I don’t think they even asked her anything except for directions on how to cook. I guess the ladies of The Talk were hungry.
The Talk: Cranberry Dijon Baked Ham Recipe
- 1 (8- to 10- pound) bone-in smoked ham
- whole cloves
- 1 (8-ounce) can cranberry sauce
- ⅓ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2, 5-ounce containers baby romaine blend
- 1, 1-ounce package fresh rosemary
- 1, 1-ounce package fresh thyme
- fresh cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using a sharp knife, remove skin and excess fat from ham. Score fat on ham in a diamond pattern; insert whole clove into center of each diamond shape. Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil. Place ham in pan, scored side up.
- In a medium bowl, combine cranberry sauce, mustard , and syrup. Pour half of the sauce over the ham. Cover with aluminum foil; bake for 1 1/2 hours more, basting occasionally. 30 minutes before the ham is done cooking, pour over the rest of the sauce. Let stand 30 minutes before carving. Garnish with romaine blend, rosemary, thyme, and cranberries if desired.
Sandra Lee: Sweet Potato Soufflé Recipe
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 4 cans (15 ounces each) large sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 jar (13-ounce) marshmallow topping
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar and pecans. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place sweet potatoes in a large bowl and mash with a potato masher. Pour sugar mixture over sweet potatoes. Add cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir until it is combined. Transfer to a metal pie pan. Top with marshmallow topping.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven. If you would like to brown the top more, raise oven temperature to 400 degrees and bake for 10 minutes more.
The Talk: Gingerbread Coffee Cake Cocktail Recipe
- 1 oz. of Coffee
- 1 oz. of Baileys Hazelnut
- .5 oz. of Captain Black Spiced rum
- .5 oz. of Smirnoff Iced Cake Vodka
- In a cocktail shaker, combine coffee, liqueur, rum and vodka. Add ice; cover and shake until very cold.