The Talk: Paul Bartolotta Sicilian Oven Baked Fish Recipe
Chef Paul Bartolotta has a trademark restaurant at the Wynn Las Vegas. He visited The Talk to share his ideas for everything from Sicilian Oven Baked Fish, Tuscan Bread Salad, and even a classic Italian dessert.
Pesce Alla Palermitana was Chef Paul Bartolotta’s first recipe, for Sicilian Oven Baked Fish. Here is everything you need to make it. (According to the chef, you can never have too much olive oil.)
Chef Paul Bartolotta: Sicilian Oven Baked Fish Ingredients
- 4 8-oz. Fish Fillets such as Sea Bass
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 12 oz Cherry Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 oz Green Olives (pitted)
- 5 Fingerling Potatoes, boiled & halved
- 8 oz White Wine (dry)
- 12 oz Water
- 1 Lemon, quartered
- 1 tbsp Italian Parsley
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 1/2 oz Capers
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
The Talk: Oven Baked Fish Recipe Directions
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Season your fish using salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in the pan and add garlic. Do not brown garlic.
- Mix in potatoes, lemon, olives, capers, tomatoes, and white wine.
- Add fish in the middle, making sure it is just covered with liquid.
- Transfer pan to oven for about nine minutes.
- Remove fish from pan and keep warm.
- Return sauce to stove on high and reduce liquid to desired thickness for sauce.
- Add in parsley and oregano. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Arrange potatoes on plates, top with sauce, and plate a fish fillet in the center.
If you are entertaining guests, you could make the sauce portion before they arrive and pick up the process from step 5.
The Talk: Chef Bartolotta Tuscan Bread Salad Recipe
The Talk Panzanella Salad Ingredients
- 8 oz Bread (day old)
- 10 oz Cherry Tomatoes
- 4 oz Cucumber, chopped
- 3 oz Red Onion, sliced
- 1 qt Water
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 24 leaves Basil, chopped
The Talk: Chef Paul Bartolotta Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 9 oz Olive Oil
- 2 oz Red Wine Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
The Talk: Tuscan Bread Salad Directions
- In a medium bowl, mix water with red wine vinegar and soak onion slices.
- To make vinaigrette, combine ingredients.
- Remove onions after soaking and strain them before adding them to the salad bowl.
- Mix in tomatoes, basil, and cucumbers with onions and vinaigrette.
- Toss and season with salt and pepper.
- Dip bread momentarily in the vinegar mixture and gently squeeze excess liquid before it is absorbed and bread becomes soggy.
- Break bread into coarse chunks and toss in with the salad.
- Serve salad at room temperature.
The Talk: Chef Paul Bartolotta Dessert Recipe
For dessert, Chef Paul made Coppa Di Mascarpone Con Granita Di Caffe. Here’s how you can do it too.
The Talk: Mascarpone Ingredients
- 2 oz Egg Yolks
- 7 oz Sugar
- Zest of Orange
- 9 oz Mascarpone
- 4 oz Heavy Whipping Cream
- 16 oz Espresso
The Talk: Paul Barlotta Granita Directions
- Bring ingredients (except cream) to room temperature.
- Whip cream in a mixer on high until thick. Refrigerate.
- Combine 2 oz sugar and yolks in a heat-safe bowl.
- Cook mixture over a water bath until it turns pale yellow and becomes thick. Whisk constantly.
- Return egg mix to the mixer bowl. Whip on medium-high until the mixture becomes cool.
- Add mascarpone to the egg mixture and whip to combine.
- Add lemon zest and cream.
- Dissolve 5 oz sugar into Espresso.
- Freeze into a mold.
- Shave frozen product to form a granita topping.
- Serve by layering mascarpone in a dessert glass, followed by granita shavings.
- Zest with orange and serve.
- Optionally, top the dessert with chocolate gelato or ice cream.