The Talk: Wolfgang Puck Dessert Recipe
Wolfgang Puck made everyone’s mouth water with his Individual Baked Alaskas dessert recipe. You should also check out his Pork Tenderloin and Stuffed Cabbage. For more of the legendary chef’s bright ideas, turn to his latest cookbook, Wolfgang Puck Makes It Healthy.
The Talk: Wolfgang Puck Individual Baked Alaskas Dessert Recipe Ingredients
- 4 thin slices Pound Cake
- 1 cup Raspberry Sorbet
- 1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1 cup Nonfat Vanilla Frozen Yogurt
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1/2 cup Sugar
Wolfgang Puck: The Talk Individual Baked Alaskas Recipe Directions
- Use a 3” round cookie cutter to remove a piece from each pound cake slice.
- Arrange circles 2” apart on a baking sheet.
- Use a 2 1/2” bowl to scoop 1/4 cup frozen yogurt. Press it against the inside of the bowl in an even layer, using a spoon.
- Release the molded yogurt shape over one cake round. You should still have an even layer of cake around the edge of the yogurt.
- Repeat these steps for the remaining cake rounds. Transfer the baking sheet to the freezer for at least one hour, until very solid.
- Preheat the broiler and move the rack away from the heat.
- Use the wire whip attachment on a stand mixer to beat egg whites with cream of tartar into soft peaks. Stream in sugar by the tablespoon. Beat the meringue into stiff peaks.
- Spoon meringue into a pastry bag for piping (or cut the corner off a large zip-top bag).
- Take the baking sheet out of the freezer. Pipe a meringue coating over the pound cake and frozen yogurt, until completely covered in meringue. Repeat for each of the pieces.
- Transfer to the broiler just long enough to brown the meringue tops, around two minutes. Do not let it burn.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately, garnished with powdered sugar.