The Talk: Chef Adam Perry Lang
The Talk welcomed Chef Adam Perry Lang with a menu in honor of Thursday Night Football on CBS. Be sure to try his Butter Bombed Porterhouse Hoagies, along with these grilled veggies and Coffee Ice Cream Floats.
The Talk: Adam Perry Lang Grilled Zucchini & Summer Squash Recipe Ingredients
Make your vegetable cuts chunky so they don’t fall through the grill.
- 4 medium Zucchini
- 4 medium Yellow Squash
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- Juice of 2 Lemons
- 1 tbsp Japanese Soy Sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped Scallion whites (+ 3 tbsp; use greens for garnish)
- 1 tbsp chopped Ginger
- 1 6 oz block Pecorino Romano Cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped Chives
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 5 cloves peeled, sliced Garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped Shallots
- 1/3 cup chopped Scallions
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil (+ 1/4 cup)
- Salt & Pepper
Adam Perry Lang: The Talk Grilled Zucchini & Summer Squash Recipe Directions
- Trim ends of zucchini and squash.
- Split them lengthwise and place them in resealable bags.
- Combine marinade ingredients in a blender.
- Pour over vegetables, press out excess air, and seal to marinade in the fridge for one hour.
- Preheat a grill on medium.
- Remove veggies from marinade and dry with paper towels.
- Toss with olive oil in a bowl.
- Grill on the grates, with the lid closed, about six minutes, until well marked.
- Flip and repeat the cooking process for six minutes on the other side. Use a grill weight to prevent curling if you like.
- Arrange squash on a serving plate, sprinkled with salt and pepper.
- Shave as much cheese as you like over the top.
- Top with scallions and chives.
- Drizzle with honey and serve as a side dish or stuffed in a hoagie.
The Talk: Adam Perry Lang Smoked Coffee Ice Cream Floats Recipe
- 10 tbsp Smoked Ground Coffee
- 4 scoops Vanilla Ice Cream
- 8 cups Filtered Water
- Preheat a French press with boiling water (not the same filtered water you’ll need later).
- Once the press is hot, discard that water.
- Boil eight cups of filtered water and reserve.
- Add grinds to empty press. Return half the water. Stir after 30 seconds.
- Add remaining hot water and place the lid on.
- Let brew about 3 1/2 minutes before pressing the plunger.
- Scoop ice cream into four heatproof glasses.
- Pour smoked coffee over the ice cream and serve with straws.