The Talk: Chef John Besh
Chef John Besh’s latest venture is Johnny Sanchez, a restaurant he owns with Chef Aaron Sanchez, with locations in New Orleans and Baltimore.
The Talk: John Besh Bourbon Pecan Pie Recipe Ingredients
There may not be a more classic Southern dessert than Bourbon Pecan Pie (pronounced Peh-Con, not Pee-Can, according to Besh). It’s never a bad idea to pin this type of crowd-pleasing dessert to your Pinterest board so you have it handy when holiday parties roll around.
- 1 1/2 cups Flour (+4 tbsp)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 4 tbsp cold Milk
- 2 tsp Powdered Sugar
- 14 tbsp Butter
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Steens Cane Syrup
- 2 tbsp Bourbon
- 2 cups halved Pecans
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup melted Butter
- 1 cup chopped Bittersweet Chocolate
- 2 pinches Salt
John Besh: The Talk Bourbon Pecan Pie Recipe Directions
- Make the shell first by mixing flour, sugar, and salt on low.
- Keep the mixer running as you add 10 tablespoons of butter, one at a time.
- Slowly add milk, mixing it in until it is combined.
- Remove dough from mixer and shape it into a ball.
- Chill the dough for half an hour.
- Use the rest of your butter and flour to prepare a pie pan.
- Roll dough out to 1/4” thick.
- Cut dough 1” wider than your pan and fit it into the pan, pressing out air pockets.
- Prep the shell with a fork and parbake it for 10 minutes at 325 F.
- For the filling, beat eggs and whisk in sugar with salt and cane syrup.
- Add melted butter and bourbon, whisking until well mixed.
- Pour the filling into the pie shell and bake for one hour at 325 F.