The Talk: Robbie Montgomery
Robbie Montgomery, better known to her staff as Miss Robbie, used to sing backup for Tina Turner. Now she has embraced a second career as a soul food restaurateur/reality TV star. She brought some of her best Sweetie Pies recipes to The Talk, including Soul Food Stuffed Bell Peppers, Green Beans, Banana Pudding, and Sour Cream & Chive Mashed Potatoes.
Miss Robbie: Welcome To Sweetie Pies Recipes
Miss Robbie’s Sweetie Pies soul food restaurants can be found in St. Louis, Missouri. I don’t love the food at her cafeteria-style establishments, but a lot of people do seem to enjoy her Sweetie Pies recipes. She made Sheryl Underwood do most of the cooking during this segment.
You can watch Miss Robbie attempt to wrangle her family and staff members on new episodes of Welcome To Sweetie Pies, Saturday nights on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.
The Talk: Soul Food Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe Ingredients
- 6 Green Peppers
- 2 diced Green Peppers
- 1 pack Onion Soup
- 2 diced Onions
- 1 1/2 lb Ground Beef
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cans Tomato Sauce
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Flour
- Cracker Crumbs
- Salt & Pepper
Robbie Montgomery: Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Slice bell peppers in half and clean them out.
- Set halved peppers aside on a baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, combine beef with diced onions, diced peppers, cracker crumbs, onion soup mix, flour, and eggs.
- Divide beef mix to fill peppers on baking sheet. Add a little water to the pan to keep the peppers from sticking!
- Bake for 30 minutes in the oven.
- While baking, combine tomato sauce, sugar, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Remove peppers from oven and spoon tomato sauce mixture on top of the meat. Save a little sauce to baste at the end.
- Return peppers to oven for 15 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Baste if needed before serving.
Sweetie Pies Recipes: Sour Cream & Chive Mashed Potatoes Ingredients
- 5 cubed Russet Potatoes (peeled)
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/3 cup & 1 tbsp Milk (warm)
- 1/2 cup Chives
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 3 tbsp Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- Salt & Pepper
The Talk: Sour Cream & Chive Mashed Potatoes Recipe Directions
- Cover potatoes with water in a saucepan and cover.
- Bring to a boil and cook up to 25 minutes, until tender.
- Drain potatoes and mix in milk with butter and pepper.
- Mash until you achieve your desired fluffy consistency.
- Mix in sour cream and chives. Salt to taste before serving.
The Talk: Miss Robbie’s Banana Pudding Recipe Ingredients
- 12 oz Vanilla Wafers
- 5 Bananas
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 box Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 2 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 16 oz Cool Whip
Sweetie Pies Recipes: Miss Robbie’s Banana Pudding Directions
- Combine sugar and pudding with milk and vanilla in a bowl. Let it thicken before moving on.
- Mix in 8 oz of Cool Whip and stir until fluffy.
- Line the bottom of a 9×13 baking pan with Vanilla Wafers.
- Slice and layer half the bananas on top of the wafers.
- Layer in half the pudding mixture next.
- Add another layer of wafers, followed by the remaining bananas.
- Top with the last of the pudding mixture and finish with the leftover Cool Whip.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve!