The Talk: David Myers Recipes
David Myers, owner and head chef of Hanoki and the Bird in Los Angeles and Comme Ça in Los Angeles, showed us what he sees in his head when he thinks summer picnic. With his Kale Salad Recipe, Lobster Roll Recipe, Pickled Baby Carrots Recipe, Cucumber Jade Recipe, and Lemon Curd Tapioca Recipe, David Myers truly gave us a taste of his vision of summer.
The Talk: Kale Salad Recipe Ingredients
- ¼ bunch of roughly chopped purple kale with the stems removed
- ½ bunch of julienned Tuscan kale 1/2 bunch with the stems removed
- ½ bunch of curly green kale with the stems removed
- A pinch of fine sea salt
- 2 cups of canola or grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons of roasted salted almonds
- 6 of pecorino cheese (sliced thinly)
For The Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 1 ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tablespoon of chopped shallot
- 1 ½ tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- ¾ cup of red wine vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoon of Kosher salt
- ½ tablespoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- ¼ cup of lemon juice
The Talk: Kale Salad Recipe Directions
- In a pot of boiling water, blanch the tuscan kale for 30 seconds before placing it directly into a bowl of ice water. Drain the water and set the tuscan kale aside.
- Preheat your oil to 305 degrees. Then, add your curly kale to it, frying it until it is crispy for about 30 seconds to one minute.
- Remove your kale and add your fine sea salt for seasoning.
- In a blender, place your shallot, Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, salt, black pepper, honey and lemon juice.
- Gradually increasing the speed from low, add your extra virgin olive oil.
- You can refrigerate the rest of your vinaigrette in a sealed container for up to a week.
- Place all of your kale on a plate, add on some almonds and pecorino cheese, then serve with your red wine vinaigrette.
The Talk: Lobster Roll Recipe Ingredients
- 2 soft rolls, such as hot dog buns
- 6 ounces of chopped lobster meat
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoons of Thai green curry paste
The Talk: Lobster Roll Recipe Directions
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Serve on a roll.
The Talk: Pickled Baby Carrots Recipe Ingredients
- 1 bunch of scrubbed baby carrots with the tops taken off
For The Pickling Solution