The Revolution: Muffin Top Fashion Fixes
The Muffin Top is the skin and fat hanging over your waistband. Tim Gunn wants to help women dress to camouflage their Muffin Tops.
Muffin Top Fix: High Waist & Slimming Fabric
Krista hates her Muffin Top, so Tim Gunn gave her “a bulge-free look.” He explained that High Waisted Pants are slimming, because they hit a narrower part of your waist. Slimming fabric also helps to hold you in.
Tim Gunn Muffin Top Fix: Tunics & Prints
Nicole wants to hide her Muffin Top, and Tim Gunn helped her do that. He used a Tunic Top to camoflage Nicole’s excess weight. Tim Gunn suggested finding a hemline that hits mid-thigh. Print patterns are also slimming.
Muffin Top Fix: Shapewear & Stretch Fabric
Beth struggled with lumpy tops that showed off her bulging. Tim Gunn’s solutions for her including stretch jersey fabric and High Waist Shapewear that extends to just under the breasts. This creates smooth lines, and Beth said it was comfortable and made her feel sexy.
Click here to purchase High Waist Shapewear similar to what you saw on the show.
The Revolution TV: Muffin Top Medical Dangers
Dr. Jennifer Ashton explained that some of the fat around your belly is wrapped around your internal organs. This Visceral Belly Fat puts you at risk for Type 2 Diabetes, Heart Disease, and Cancer.
Harley Pasternak: Muffin Top Diet & Exercise
Harley Pasternak explained that simple ab exercises alone will not target your Muffin Top. Trying to eliminate fat in certain targeted parts of the body just doesn’t work. Instead, an overall exercise routine will help to get the results you want.
He recommends 30 minutes of cardio at least five days a week to burn fat. Healthy meals are also an important part of getting a better figure. Limit snacks to two per day and eat balanced meals.
Muffin Top Exercise: Side Bend
This exercise works your Muffin Top region.
- Bending at the elbow, bring your left arm up to your head.
- Holding a dumbbell or household item in your right hand as weight, tip to the right side.
- Switch sides and do it again.
- Harley suggests three sets of 20 reps, twice daily.
Muffin Top Exercise: Seated Trunk Twist
- Sit on the ground.
- Keep your head straight, but twist your body side to side, letting your torso lead the arms.
- Do three sets of 25 reps, three times weekly.
Muffin Top Exercise: 90 Degree Crunch
This is a twist on the traditional crunch exercise.
- While sitting, create a 90 degree angle at your ankles, knees, and hips.
- With hands behind your head, press your chest upward.
- Harley recommends three sets of 20 reps, three times a week.