Harley Pasternak: Salmon Cucumber Salad Recipe
After Dr. Jennifer Ashton shared her advice and Exfoliating Facial Mask Recipe for the outside of your skin, Harley Pasternak offered his nutrition tips to make sure your skin is getting the vitamins it needs to stay healthy on the inside.
Harley said Vitamins A, C, and E are important dietary components, along with Omega 3 Fatty Acids. He shared some simple recipes to get more of these nutrients.
Salmon is a great fish, because it’s naturally oily, making it less dry and easier to cook without burning it or messing it up. Since it’s lower in mercury, you can eat it regularly.
Harley said Sweet Potatoes are a versatile vegetable that’s easy to cook. Dr. Jennifer added that vegetables treat your skin from the inside out.
The Revolution: Salmon Cucumber Salad Recipe
- 9 oz. Salmon Steak
- ½ tbsp. Lemon Pepper
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- ½ cup Nonfat Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp. Dill
- 1 cup Cucumber, sliced & peeled
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes
- Season the fish with Paprika, Lemon Pepper, and salt & pepper.
- Saute the fish over medium heat until tender and flaky.
- Meanwhile, mix Sour Cream or Yogurt with Dill in a medium bowl.
- Toss Cucumber in mixture & plate it.
- Bake or microwave the sweet potatoes, seasoning to taste.
- Add cooked Salmon & Sweet Potatoes to plate. Serve and enjoy.
The Revolution: Raspberry Chocolate Parfait Recipe
Once you’ve had dinner, you’ll want to end your meal with a delicious and guilt free dessert that’s good for your skin inside and out. Check out Harley Pasternak’s Raspberry Chocolate Parfait Recipe and try it out with your family tonight.
- 2 oz. Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding
- 1 cup Fat Free Milk
- ¾ cup Cottage Cheese
- 1 tbsp. Honey or other sweetener
- 1 ¼ cup Raspberries or Fresh Seasonal Berries
- Mix pudding and milk. Refrigerate for one hour or until thick and solid.
- In a separate dish, combine Cottage Cheese with Honey.
- In glasses or parfait dishes, add a layer of berries.
- Add Cottage Cheese mixture as the second layer.
- Top with Chocolate Pudding mix. Serve and have a heart healthy, skin friendly dessert.