The Doctors: Sparkpeople Cookbook
By making a few easy changes, you can cut calories and fat, helping you avoid extra pounds. Click here to read Slimming Sloppy Joe Recipe.
Guilt Free Broccoli Soup Recipe
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 2 cups low fat milk
- 4 cups soup stock
- 3 tbsp low-fat margarine
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp salt substitute
- Steam broccoli in microwave for a few minutes.
- Melt margarine over medium heat in stock pot, then add flour to make a ball. Season.
- Add broccoli and soup stock. Whisk until flour mixture dissolves.
- Simmer until soup begins to thicken.
- Slowly add milk and thicken to taste.
- Remove from heat and add cheese.
By swapping Milk instead of Heavy Cream, you will cut 600 calories. Now you have a delicious, healthy soup that’s perfect for the cold winter days and the waistline.
Sparkpeople Chicken Fingers Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken tenders
- One egg white, beaten
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 cups crushed corn cereal flakes
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Mix egg & honey in a bowl.
- Separately, combine cereal & pepper.
- Dip chicken tenders into egg mixture, then cover in crumb mixture.
- Layer on a baking sheet & bake at 450 degrees F for 10 to 15 minutes, until fully cooked.
Baking instead of frying instantly cuts the calories in half. Swap Skim Milk for Buttermilk and 1.5 teaspoons of White Vinegar.
The Drs: Healthy Honey Mustard Recipe
Making your own Honey Mustard dressing is easy. To make your own Healthy Honey Mustard, mix 1 1/4 cup yellow mustard, 3 tbsp. fat free sour cream, and 1 1/3 tbsp honey. Your kids will never know the difference! For a thicker dressing, puree baby carrots and mix them in.
Meg Galvin: The Sparkpeople Cookbook
Dr. Travis Stork said making these simple changes once a week could help you lose 10 pounds this year. Meg Galvin is the author of The Sparkpeople Cookbook, which contains hundreds of easy food swaps. Meg Galvin said, “You have to be satisfied with your food to stick with the plan.”