The Doctors TV Show did an entire show on the topic of How to Winterize Your Family. The Drs TV Show mentioned some tips for How to Winterize Your Baby, and Dr Jim Sears included a Baby Food Recipe made of mushrooms and salmon, because especially in the winter, babies tend to not get enough Vitamin D. And mushrooms contain Vitamin D, so they are great. Here is Dr Sears’ Recipe:
Dr Jim Sears Mushroom Salmon Baby Food Recipe:
1 ½ carrots, topped, tailed and sliced
4 button mushrooms, fully cooked or sautéed for safety
4.4 oz Wild Alaskan salmon fillet, skinned
2 oz orange juice
1.4 oz grated cheddar cheese
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp milk
Dr Sears’ Winter Gloom Shrooms Recipe Instructions:
1. Place the mushrooms and carrots in a saucepan and cover it with water.
2. Bring the saucepan to a boil and let them cook for 20 minutes over medium heat. Another option is to cook the vegetables in a steamer for 20 minutes, or you can use something like the Beaba Baby Food Maker.
3. Next, place the salmon on a dish and cover it with the orange juice and cheese on top.
4. Microwave the salmon mixture on high for 2 minutes or until the fish flakes easily. Alternatively, you can cover it with aluminum foil and cook it at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
5. Flake the fish and remove any bones that you find.
6. Drain the vegetable mixture and blend it with the milk, butter and fish mixture.
7. Pour into ice cube trays to freeze for the future or chill and serve if you are planning to use it soon.