The Doctors TV Show set out to help everyone with picky eaters at home who refuse to eat vegetables. The Drs TV Show sent Chef Susanah Locketti to teach a women named Blanca how to cook healthy meals for her twin daughters named Julia and Lily.
The Doctors TV Show: Susannah Locketti’s Healthy Eating Tips
2. Sneak Vegetables in Pasta Sauce! You can make your own pasta sauce and incorporate veggies into it so that 1/2 cup of the sauce is a full serving of vegetables.
3. Replace ground beef with lean ground turkey in dishes like lasagna, burgers, meatloaf, stuffed peppers and meat sauce.
The Doctors TV Show: Meatball Pizza Recipe Ingredients
20 oz. package 93 percent lean ground turkey
½ cup bread crumbs
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon Italian seasonings
Secret vegetables to add-in: ½ cup mashed white beans, 1/2 cup finely chopped spinach
2 jars store-bought spaghetti sauce
Secret Vegetables to add-in: canned pumpkin or squash puree, pureed roasted red peppers, carrot juice
The Doctors Meatball Recipe Instructions:
1. Mix together all of the ingredients for the meatballs in a bowl.
2. Make balls out of the meatball mixture – this should make at least 24 meatballs.
3. Mix together the pasta sauce ingredients in a pot and warm over medium-low heat.
4. Place the meatballs into the pasta sauce.
5. Cover your pot and cook the sauce and meatballs until the sauce comes to a boil and cooks the meatballs all the way through, which takes around two hours. Alternatively, you can let it cook all day in a slow cooker on the low setting.
You can serve these meatballs over pasta, on rolls as a meatball sub , or on a pizza crust with cheese as a meatball pizza. What a versatile healthy diet recipe! Click here for the full Recipe for Diets!