The Doctors: Jimmy Carter Treatment Update
For their Doctors News in 2:00, they began by reporting that Jimmy Carter addressed a hearty crowd regarding his human rights organization, The Carter Center, and gave an update on the treatment he is receiving for the cancer that has spread to his brain. The 90-year-old former president has said he has received the second of four planned doses of the new drug that is designed to help the immune system find and kill cancer cells. He said he hasn’t experienced any negative side effects, and it actually took him three weeks to learn how to pronounce the chemical name for the drug.
The Doctors: Lucky For Lupus Poker Tournament
The Doctors then reported that many celebrities turned out for the Lucky for Lupus celebrity poker tournament. The event is a benefit for Lupus L.A. which provides support for patients and funds research in hopes of finding a cure for the disease. Cheryl Burke shared that 1.5 million people are affected by Lupus, so she was glad to be there in support.
The Doctors: Limitless TV Show
Next, The Doctors talked about the show Limitless about a man who took a pill that allowed him to use 100% of his brain. The movie is about a struggling writer who becomes a financial genius after he is suddenly thrown into a world of danger. The show is based on the movie that starred Bradley Cooper, Brian Finch is played by Jake McDorman. Cooper produces and co-stars in the show that premieres on CBS.
The Doctors: Healthy “Faux-Nut”
Finally, The Doctors welcomed back celebrity chef Debbie Solomon to share her recipe for a donut that actually really healthy. Debbie actually calls it a “faux-nut” and you can find the delicious recipe by clicking through! As for how many calories are in it, Debbie said she doesn’t count calories, she just eats!
The Doctors: Healthy Donut Recipe Ingredients
- 1/4 C organic arrowroot flour or coconut flour
- 1 tbsp organic honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 C organic coconut oil – to cook
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1 beaten egg
- 3 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla
The Doctors: Healthy Donut Recipe Directions
- Put the arrowroot flour into one bowl, egg, cinnamon, and vanilla together in a second bowl, and shredded coconut in a third bowl
- Core the apple and then cut into rings
- Dip apple rings in flour and dust off
- Dip the apple rings lightly into the beaten egg
- Dip into the coconut shreds
- Heat a pan over medium heat and melt the coconut oil
- Add a slice of apple ring, one at a time, cooking for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on each side until golden brown and crispy
- Place cooked apple slices on a covered paper towel to soak
- Drizzle with honey and cinnamon