The Drs TV: Cold & Flu Treatments
Being sick is no fun, especially for kids. But even adults want a little relief from the discomfort and inconvenience of colds & flus. Today’s show provided lots of resources and recommendations when it comes to Cold & Flu season.
You can learn about the CDC’s Latest Flu Vaccine Recommendations. Also, check out Flu Shot Alternatives if you have that common fear of needles. The Doctors also had helpful advice for Monitoring Your Child’s Flu Symptoms. They talked about a critical Neti Pot Warning that you want to be aware of if you’re a Neti Pot user. Plus, they shared an array of Cold & Flu Care Products you might want to try out.
The Drs: Flu Fighting Popsicle
The Doctors shared one final Cold & Flu Fighting Strategy at the end of today’s show. Sore Throat is often the first symptom of a cold or the flu. You can try to cut it off early with Grapefruit Popsicles. Here is a quick and easy recipe you can use to make these Flu Fighting treats at home.
The Doctors: Grapefruit Popsicle Recipe For Colds & Flu
This can sooth your throat and keep you hydrated when you feel sick. Fluids keep your mucus thin and lower congestion.
- Fresh Grapefruit
- Fresh Oranges or Orange Juice (optional)
- Chilled Water (optional)
- Ice Cube Tray Or Popsicle Mold
- Popsicle Sticks
- Squeeze fresh grapefruit juice into a Popsicle mold or ice cube tray.
- If desired, thin the grapefruit juice with water to make extra Popsicles.
- You can also try mixing in orange juice if you prefer.
- Place a Popsicle stick in each slot of the mold or tray. If you’re having trouble, insert the sticks after the Popsicles have been freezing for a few hours.
- Freeze for six to eight hours or until solid.
- Suck your frozen Cold & Flu Remedy treat to alleviate early symptoms and get Vitamin C.