The Drs: Satisfy Your Carb Craving
As Dr Travis Stork said on The Doctors, even the healthiest eaters get cravings every once in a while, so what should you do when it happens to you? They had healthy ways for indulging your cravings without ruining your diet. They started with carbs, and Keri Glassman said potatoes are one of her favorite ways to indulge in carbs. She had a recipe for a healthy potato salad made without mayonnaise and with dijon mustard instead, as well as healthy herbs and spices. You can find my version of the delicious recipe below!
Keri explained that the potatoes contain something called resistant starch, especially when the potatoes are cold. Resistant starches help promote your satiety hormone, which makes you feel fuller. It also helps you burn fat faster, which is always good. Plus, be sure to leave the skin on the potatoes because there’s a ton of nutrition in the skin, as well as a lot of fiber.
The Drs: Healthy Lemon Potato Salad Recipe Ingredients
- 3/4 lb Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp grated lemon rind
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 C chopped arugula
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp chopped red onion
The Drs: Healthy Lemon Potato Salad Recipe Directions
- Cube the potatoes and then boil them until tender. To see if they’re cooked thoroughly, poke with a fork. The fork should easily poke through the potato.
- Once potatoes are cooked, drain the water.
- Mix together the rest of the ingredients and then add the drained potatoes.
- Toss until the potatoes are coated pretty evenly and then enjoy!