The Drs: Cookie Face Challenge
If you’re looking for a way to keep yourself from eating an entire box of cookies in one sitting, The Doctors suggested trying the Cookie Face Challenge. Take a cookie, put it on your forehead, and then try to get it into your mouth without using your hands.
Dr Travis Stork took the opportunity to share his recipe for Raspberry Almond Cookies, which are healthy cookies from his Doctor’s Diet Cookbook. Almonds can actually help reduce belly fat and the cookies are sweetened with jam for added flavor.
The Doctors then tried the Cookie Face Challenge themselves, except for Dr Jennifer Ashton, who has a nut allergy. Right away, on the first try, Dr Drew Ordon completed the challenge. I was literally laughing out loud watching this segment!
The Drs: Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies Recipe Ingredients
- 2 C almond flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 C honey
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 C low-sugar raspberry jam
- 1/4 C finely chopped raw unsalted almonds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 C virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp pure almond extract
- 1 egg
The Drs: Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees & line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift almond flour, baking powder, & salt into a medium-sized bowl.
- Using an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, mix together the coconut oil & honey until combined.
- Add the two extracts until combined & then on medium speed add in the egg until combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients & mix until a crumbly dough is formed.
- Divide the dough into 20 equal ball-shaped pieces & then roll each of the pieces in the chopped almonds, pressing to make the almonds stick to the dough.
- Put the dough balls onto the baking sheets with about an inch and a half of space in between each one.
- Use your thumb to press into the center of each ball.
- Fill each center of the cookie with about 1/2 tsp of jam.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown.