The Drs: Symptoms Of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning & Shain Gandee Death

ADVERTISEMENT

The Doctors: Shain Gandee Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

MTV viewers were shocked to learn that Buckwild star Shain Gandee had died at the age of just 21. It’s now been reported that the cause of death for Shain, his uncle and a friend during their off-roading trip was carbon monoxide poisoning. The Doctors shared more on this tragic story and also revealed the common symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning that you should be watching out for.

The Drs: Symptoms Of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning & Shain Gandee Death

The Doctors discussed the shocking death of MTV reality star Shain Gandee and the common symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.

ADVERTISEMENT

The Doctors shared the heartbreaking 911 call of the stranger who found the three bodies of Shain, his uncle and a friend. The men had been off-roading, or “mudding,” which is a very common recreational activity. So what went wrong? Although it’s hard to determine exactly what happened, we do know that Shain’s truck was found partially submerged in a mud hole, which most likely caused carbon monoxide to flood the car. The men probably didn’t realize anything was happening, as carbon monoxide is colorless and odorless.

The Drs: Symptoms Of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

This unfortunate news story highlights the true danger of carbon monoxide, which is impossible to detect by humans. When a person inhales too much carbon monoxide, it prevents red blood cells from sending oxygen to the body’s tissues. Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are often flu-like, including headaches, nausea and  drowsiness.

If you’re getting headaches every time you drive your car, that could be a sign of carbon monoxide poisoning. Dr. Travis Stork often sees families come into the ER with similar flu-like symptoms, after which carbon monoxide poisoning is detected.

ADVERTISEMENT

Although carbon monoxide poisoning is a silent killer, there are ways to protect yourself. Watch out for water, mud or even snow around your home. Check your exhaust pipe and make sure nothing is obstructing it. Always have a carbon monoxide detector in your home and look out for the common symptoms listed above. If you and the people around you are suffering from headaches, nausea and drowsiness, it’s time to head to the hospital for an oxygen treatment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Human Verification: In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.