The Doctors: How to Remove Ingrown Toenails
The Doctors said that the number one mistake that people make when taking care of their feet is that they do not cut their nails properly, which leads to Ingrown Toenails. Philip Radovic was on The Doctors TV Show to demonstrate how a doctor can properly remove an Ingrown Toenail. First, he numbed her foot and then removed the Ingrown Nail portion. Afterward, he placed a chemical on the Nail Matrix of the nail, which is where the nail grows from, and the chemical kills the root so that the nail cannot grow back. In a few weeks, the nail will look pretty normal again.
The Doctors: 3 Causes of Ingrown Toenails
Philip Radovic said there are three main causes for ingrown toenails:
1. You trim your nails back to much in the corners.
2. You wear tight shoes like soccer cleats that jam your toes together.
3. Ingrown Toenails are hereditary or you can be born with them.
The Doctors: Ingrown Nail Treatments & Remedies
1. Trim straight across your nail and do not trim your toenails too close to the skin.
2. Soak your feet in warm water with Epsom Salts, and lots of times they will just resolve on their own.
You should be careful, though, because if an Ingrown Nail gets infected or if you have Diabetes, you could actually even lose your toe from an Ingrown Toenail.