The Doctors TV Show did a show on 5 Minute Fixes for many everyday problems to promote their book The Doctors 5-Minute Health Fixes: The Prescription for a Lifetime of Great Health. One topic covered on The Drs TV Show today was How to Treat a Burn. For this common kitchen injury, how many of you would turn to butter or ice when you burn yourself? These are the wrong Burn Remedies!
The Doctors: Don’t Treat Burns With Butter or Ice
The Doctors said that by using butter on a burn, you actually increase the heat in your burn and can breed infection. Ice is also the wrong cure for a burn on your skin. Here is are some tips from The Doctors on How to Treat a Burn:
The Doctors TV Show: How To Treat a Burn
1. Submerge the burn in cool water for 10 minutes.
2. You can apply a cool compress, but not ice.
3. Aloe Vera is a great remedy for burned skin. You can also use a non-stick bandage, but avoid stick bandages as it can rip apart the blister that forms over the burn.
4. Never, ever, ever, pop a burn blister.
5. If the burn is extensive or if you are in doubt, please go see your doctor right away.