The Doctors: Garlic Yeast Infection Remedy
Garlic has many uses, from adding flavor to foods to health cures like its application in lowering blood pressure. But can Garlic cure a yeast infection?
“Absolutely not,” Dr. Lisa Masterson said. “Especially if you have a yeast infection, you would never want to put something in there that caustic.”
She suggested that the garlic would even get stuck in the vagina. Talk to your doctor about treating your yeast infection.
The Doctors Garlic Recipes
Garlic seems to have a variety of health benefits, and it’s full of antioxidants. The Doctors shared some health remedies using this popular herb. These suggestions are designed for adults, so ask your pediatrician before giving them to your child.
Garlic Honey Shot Recipe
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Finely Chopped
- ¼ cup Raw Honey
- 2-3 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- Combine the ingredients and let them sit for a few hours.
- Consume this remedy to fight symptoms. You can take about 1 tsp. per hour.
- Raw honey is unsafe for kids under age 1.
Garlic Shooter Recipe
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 2 Lemon Slices
- 2 Tbsp. of Water
- Blend the garlic and water, adding in fresh lemon juice.
- Drink, and then don’t kiss anyone for awhile!
Gartini Garlic Martini Recipe
- 2 Jiggers of Gin
- ½ tsp. of Dry Vermouth
- 1 cup of Ice Cubes
- 1 Garlic Stuffed Olive
- 2 Pickled Garlic Cloves
- Shake Gin & Vermouth over ice cubes.
- Pour into a martini glass. Add Stuffed Olives.
- Garnish with Garlic Cloves.
Dr. Travis said he prefers vodka to gin, but he thought this martini would sooth a sore throat.
Garlic Jelly Recipe
- ¼ cup of Garlic Cloves
- 2 cups of White Vinegar
- 5 cups of Sugar
- 3 oz. of Liquid Pectin
- Blend Garlic with ½ a cup of Vinegar.
- Combine in a pan with the rest of the Vinegar, along with Sugar. Boil, while stirring.
- Add Pectin and boil again. Remove from heat.
- Makes 2.5 pints, so you can store some for future use. It’s a good dip alternative for your next party, or to spice up a meat dish.
Garlic Ice Cream Recipe
- 3 cups of Soy Milk
- ½ tsp. of Garlic, chopped
- 1 Half Vanilla Bean
- 1 cup Cream
- 1 ½ cups of Granulated Sugar
- 9 Egg Yolks
- Mix Milk, Vanilla, and Garlic in a pan, bringing to a boil.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Mix Egg Yolks, Sugar, and Cream in a bowl.
- Then add Scalded Milk and return the mixture to medium heat.
- Heat for about 15 minutes, until mixture coats a spoon.
- Immerse in Ice Water and Freeze.
- Serve as a guilty dessert.
Audience member Leela did not approve of the Garlic Ice Cream, but surely some garlic lovers can enjoy this specialty dessert.