The Chew: Clinton Kelly’s Warm Potato Salad
Jon Secada, the Grammy-award winning artist who ruled the airwaves in the 1990s, came on the show to help Clinton Kelly with his warm potato salad recipe. His career started as a songwriter for famous artists and doing background vocals, and it grew from there. Jon has a new single out, “I’m Never Too Far Away,” which is on a yet-to-be-completed album of his.
The Chew: Clinton Kelly’s Warm Potato Salad Recipe Ingredients
- 2 pounds Baby Yukon Gold Potatoes (halved)
- 6 Radishes (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup Peas (blanched)
- 1/2 bunch Scallions (sliced plus more for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 Lemons (zest and juice)
- 1/3 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh Tarragon Leaves (torn)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
The Chew: Clinton Kelly’s Warm Potato Salad Directions
- Place potatoes in stock pot and fill with water until 2 inches above the potatoes.
- Season with salt and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until potatoes are just fork tender. Drain.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mustard, lemon zest and juice, and salt and pepper.
- When creating the vinaigrette, dijon mustard works as a great emulsifier, and tarragon adds a bright licorice-like flavor.
- Drizzle in the olive oil until slightly emulsified.
- Add the tarragon and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Place the potatoes, radishes, peas and scallion in a large bowl and pour the vinaigrette over, tossing to coat.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve with a garnish of freshly chopped scallions.
Jon Secada In Miami
To close out The Chew, Jon Secada shared a little about his personal life. He currently lives down in Miami with his wife and two children. Everything started for Jon down in Miami, so that will always be home for him. However, he does still travel the world, and he just got back from Argentina. He loves the fact that he has been able to sing in both languages and travel the world.