The Chew: Viewer Dessert Sugar Rush Recipe
The Chew crew tasted three delicious recipes from home viewers and chose one to make on the show for everyone. The winning entry was Tina Zaccardi, who shared her Peach Blueberry Crumb Pie Recipe.
Tina explained that this pie was “sinfully sweet” and it was her daughter’s favorite dessert. She said that her Italian grandmother passed down a love of baking, which Tina has also been able to share with her son.
The Chew: Peach Blueberry Crumb Pie Recipe Ingredients
This recipe is easy to customize when you use your own favorite fruits and ingredients. Substitute fresh seasonal ingredients at the store and make this delicious pie your own. Just keep in mind that using frozen fruits may mean you need to add a little flour to the filling to help bind everything together.
- 1 1/4 cups Flour
- 8 tbsp Butter
- 2 1/2 tbsp Ice Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Pecans
- 6 Peaches (frozen/sliced)
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Blueberries (frozen)
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 2/3 cup Flour
- 1/3 cup Pecans, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 6 tbsp Butter
The Chew: Peach Blueberry Crumb Pie Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine pecans, salt, and flour.
- Add butter and mix to large pebble consistency.
- Add water to form a ball.
- Chill 30 minutes. Roll into dough about 1/4” thick.
- Place crust in a 9” pie pan.
- Refrigerate while making other elements.
Filling & Topping
- For filling, mix blueberries, peaches, sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- For topping, combine pecans with cinnamon, flour, and sugar. Add butter and mix to large pebble consistency.
- Remove crust from fridge and insert filling.
- Add topping over fruit filling.
- Bake at 375 for 45-50 minutes.
- Let cool before serving.