The Chew: Steakhouse Salad Viewer Recipe
On The Chew, home viewers were invited to share their ideas for stress free meals. But only one of them could win and be made on the show. What did Michael Symon and guest chef Curtis Stone choose? The winner was a Balsamic Marinated Steak Recipe with Steakhouse Salad.
The Chew: Balsamic Marinated Steak
Everyone loved the simplicity of using a limited number of ingredients for this dish.
“It has five ingredients. Everything can be prepped ahead of time, and then you can let your husband do the rest of the work,” viewer Vanessa said of her concoction.
I have to say that she is right about this recipe. It could not get much easier than this. But I’m sure it helps to have experts working with you in the kitchen to make sure everything turns out perfectly for TV.
For the Rosemary in this recipe, Vanessa suggested you could just throw it in whole. But guest host Curtis Stone said that bruising the herb a bit will help to release its flavors in the marinade.
The Chew: Balsamic Marinated Steak Recipe Ingredients
- 2 lb Skirt Steak
- 2 tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 cloves Garlic
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion, sliced
- 2 Tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup Blue Cheese Crumbles
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
The Chew: Steakhouse Salad Recipe & Balsamic Marinated Steak Directions
- Pound the steak thin to tenderize the meat.
- Combine steak and marinade ingredients in a gallon-size, sealable plastic bag.
- Let marinate overnight in the fridge.
- Remove steak from refrigerator around 30 minutes before cooking.
- Grill about three minutes per side for medium rare, or longer to your desired temperature.
- Take off heat and let stand a few minutes before slicing and serving with salad.
- For salad, combine cheese with onion and tomatoes.
- Drizzle olive oil and vinegar over the mix, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- Chill until ready to serve.