The Chew: Skillet Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
For the Skillet Suppers show, The Chew’s Carla Hall used her creativity to whip up a Skillet Chicken Pot Pie Recipe that no one will soon forget.
The Chew: Carla Hall Chicken Pot Pie Ingredients
- Vegetable Oil
- 2 Yellow Onions
- 3 ribs Celery
- 2 Carrots
- 6 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 4-lb. Chicken, roasted
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 3/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Baby Peas (frozen)
- Salt & Pepper
- Bay Leaf
Cheddar Chive Biscuit Ingredients
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/4 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 6 tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- 1/3 cup Chives
The Chew Skillet Chicken Pot Pie Recipe Directions
- Using your skillet, heat vegetable oil on medium-high.
- Saute vegetable ingredients (except peas) with spices for about 15 minutes.
- Remove meat from chicken and chop to desired bite size.
- Remove herbs from pan once veggies are tender.
- Melt butter in skillet. Add 1/3 cup flour.
- Add chicken stock, whisking constantly.
- Add cream and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil; then reduce and simmer.
- Add peas and chicken.
- Simmer until creamy and thick, about 10 minutes.
- Tweak seasonings to your desired preference.
The Chew: Cheddar Chive Biscuit Directions
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Mix 2 cups Flour with salt and baking powder.
- Remove dough and set aside.
- Combine yogurt and milk in mixing bowl.
- Cut butter into pats and work it into dry ingredients.
- Mix in cheese and chives until combined.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Measure dough into 1/4 cup portions and dredge in excess flour.
- Arrange biscuits over your skillet of chicken pot pie.
- Top the skillet completely with biscuits.
- Transfer to oven and bake for about half an hour.
- Remove when biscuits are golden brown and melt butter on top before serving.
The Chew: Clinton’s Food Frenzy
Contestants competed to guess the calories in several favorite dishes. See if any of these average calorie counts surprise you.
- Shrimp Scampi Linguini – 540 calories
- Mushroom Risotto – 315 calories
- Beef Stroganoff with Egg Noodles – 439 calories
- Grilled Cheese with Bacon & Tomato – 550 calories
- Steak & Eggs – 254 calories
- Corned Beef Hash – 390 calories
- Chicken Fried Steak – 631 calories
- Ham Steak with Gravy & Grits – 355 calories
- Skillet Cornbread – 144 calories