The Chew: Roasted Chicken Recipe with Squash Spaghetti
The Biggest Loser trainer and fitness author Jillian Michaels joined The Chew crew for some summer slimdown advice and recipes on the show. Together, they made a Roasted Chicken Recipe with Squash Spaghetti as the Dish of the Day. Here’s what you need and how it works.
Jillian admitted she does not cook much at home, but these recipes are so simple that they are accessible for anyone. As a mother of kids ages three and one, she said you have to be creative to find ways to get in your exercise routine. Michaels is currently on her Maximize Your Life tour, speaking at cities throughout the US.
The Chew: Roasted Chicken Recipe Ingredients
- 1 whole Chicken
- 2 tbsp Toasted Coriander Seeds
- 1 Orange
- Bay Leaves
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 Onion, peeled
- 1 bunch Thyme
- 1 Zucchini, julienned lengthwise
- 1 Yellow Squash, julienned lengthwise
- 1 oz Pecorino Romano
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Zest & Juice of 1 Orange
- 1/3 cup Dill
- 2 tbsp Hazelnuts
- Olive Oil
The Chew: Michael Symon Roasted Chicken & Squash Spaghetti Recipe
- Season chicken with salt and stick it in the fridge for 12 hours, or overnight.
- Let warm to room temperature before working with the chicken.
- Preheat your oven to 425 F.
- Loosen chicken breast skin and slide in orange slices and bay leaves on each side.
- Add onion, thyme, garlic, and orange in the chicken cavity and roasting pan.
- Rub chicken using olive oil and toasted coriander.
- In an oven-safe saute pan or roasting pan, place the chicken and bake to a temperature of 160 F, which takes 45-60 minutes.
- Remove chicken from heat and let rest.
- Combine citrus juices with salt, dill, and 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Add julienned squash to vinaigrette.
- Let sit until squash starts to wilt. Add hazelnuts and pecorino.
- Quarter chicken and serve on a bed of the squash spaghetti.
The Chew: Clinton Kelly’s Crispy Chicken Thighs Recipe
Here is an easy way to make a quick and crispy chicken meal.
- 6 Chicken Thighs (boneless, skinless)
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper all over.
- Toss in about 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Lay chicken in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Cook until crispy, around 45 minutes.
- Let stand a few minutes before serving.