The Chew: Cinco De Mayo Recipes
Pati Jinich came on the show today to show us how to make a Honey-Chipotle Ribs recipe her own mother created. Dubbing it something of a “witch’s brew” because you just kind of dump everything in there, this unique recipe is something just about anyone can make.
The Chew: Pati Jinich’s Honey-Chipotle Ribs and Crazy Street Corn Recipe Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 10 Garlic cloves (minced or pressed)
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 2/3 cup Honey
- 3 canned Chipotle Chiles in Adobe Sauce (seeded and minced)
- 1/4 cup Adobe Sauce
- 1/4 cup Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup Maggi Sauce or Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dried Oregano (preferably Mexican)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
- 3 pounds Baby Back Ribs or Spareribs
Crazy Street Corn Ingredients
- softened Unsalted Butter
- 6 ears of Corn (husked and rinsed)
- 1 cup thoroughly crumbled Queso Fresco; Cotija; Farmer cheese or Mild Feta
- Kosher or coarse Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil (if grilling)
- Dried Ground Chile (such as piquin or a Mexican mix such as Tajin)
- 3 Limes (halved)
The Chew Honey-Chipotle Ribs Recipe and Crazy Street Corn Directions
Honey-Chiptole Ribs Recipe Directions
- (Medium Bowl) Mix Well – ketchup, honey, chipotle chiles, adobe sauce, garlic, olive oil, mustard, vinegar, Worcestershire, Maggi sauce, oregano, and pepper.
- Take a large roasting pan and line it with either aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Pour some sauce into the bottom of the pan.
- Place ribs in pan.
- Pour remaining sauce over ribs.
- Cover ribs tightly with aluminum foil.
- Let marinate for 30 minutes to 24 hours.
- If marinating for more than 30 minutes, refrigerate the ribs.
- Once marinating is complete, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cover the ribs and roast for 1.5 hours.
- Remove pan from oven and carefully peel back foil, being careful not to be burned.
- Spoon thickened sauce from bottom of pan over top of ribs.
- Let ribs roast, uncovered, for thirty minutes, or until they are browned and sticky.
- Slice ribs into two to three bone pieces are serve.
Crazy Street Corn Recipe Directions
- To grill corn, prepare a fire in an outdoor grill or a grill pan over medium heat.
- Lightly brush corn with oil.
- Place the corn on the grill.
- Turn corn every three minutes until tender and slightly charred, which should take 9 to 12 minutes.
- Alternate method – Cook corn in pot of boiling water until tender, which should take 4 to 8 minutes, depending on freshness of corn.
- Remove corn from the heat or drain it.
- Pile the corn on a platter, along with holders and skewers.
- Serve with garnishes to allow for individualization.
- Traditional Method – Spread on layer of butter, then mayonnaise. Next, cover the corn with crumbled cheese, either by sprinkling it on or rolling it on a plate. Finish by adding salt and ground chile and squeezing on a little lime juice.