The Chew: Kyle Busch And Michael Symon Race
As the youngest driver to get to 100 wins (111, to Kyle’s calculation), it goes without saying that Kyle Busch knows fast. With Mario acting as crew chief (or “chew” chief, as the show put it…HAHA), Michael raced a few laps against Kyle Busch to see who could get the best times. With Kyle doing three laps around the three-quarter-mile track in 1:45:08 with a handicap, could Michael beat the time or even come close? Well…yeah, actually. Michael crossed the finish line with a time of 1:24:00 flat after three laps. Come on, though. We all know Kyle let him win.
It’s unfortunate, then, that Mario proceeded to school Kyle in the kitchen as well, with his M&M and Banana Skillet Cake Recipe. Kyle Busch just couldn’t catch a break today.
The Chew: Mario Batali’s M&M and Banana Skillet Cake Recipe
For The Cake:
- 1 1/4 cups Buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter (melted plus 2 tablespoons Butter)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Banana (diced)
- 1/2 cup M&Ms
For The Toppings
- 1 cup Granola
- 1/2 cup M&Ms
- 1/4 cup Pecans (toasted and chopped)
- 1/4 cup Dried Cherries
- Maple Syrup
- Whipped Cream
The Chew: Mario Batali’s M&M and Banana Skillet Cake Directions
- Heat an 8-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat, melt the 2 tablespoons butter.
- In a large bowl, combine the first 4 ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Combine the dry into the wet mixture.
- Be careful not to over mix (some lumps will remain).
- Fold in the banana and the M&M’s.
- Pour the batter into the prepared skillet.
- Cover skillet with lid and allow to cook for 1 hour.
- Remove the foil.The cake should be set and ready to serve!
- Turn the cake out of the skillet onto a large platter.
- Combine the granola with the M&Ms, pecans, and cherries.Toss to combine.
- Slice the skillet cake and serve with whipped cream, maple syrup and a sprinkling of the M&Ms granola mixture.