The Chew: Clinton Kelly’s Mozzarella Sticks Recipe
When Clinton Kelly is feeling sinful, he needs two things – mozzarella sticks and some fancy popcorn. On The Chew May 15 2013, he is taking his decadence and putting it to good use with his mozzarella sticks recipe and his sticky and sweet popcorn recipe.
Clinton Kelly’s Sticky and Sweet Popcorn Recipe
- 12 cups Popped Popcorn
- 1 cup Butter
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Light Corn Syrup
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried Cranberries
The Chew Sticky and Sweet Popcorn Directions
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Line two baking sheets with a silicon mat or parchment paper sprayed with baking spray.
- Place the popcorn in an extra large bowl.
- You can use any type of popcorn you want, as long as you remove the un-popped kernels.
- Melt the butter in a medium sauce pot.
- Add the sugar, corn syrup and salt and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in the baking soda.
- Take the mixture off the heat.
- Once incorporated stir in the walnuts and cranberries.
- Pour the mixture over the popcorn and toss to coat evenly.
- Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Make sure the sheet silicone liner is sprayed
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Break into pieces and serve.
Clinton Kelly’s Mozzarella Sticks Recipe
- 1 pound Low-Moisture Mozzarella Cheese (cut into 1/2-inch by 4-inch logs)
- 15 Egg Roll Wrappers
- Salt and Pepper
- Water for brushing
- Olive Oil
- Marinara Sauce (for dipping)
- Parmesan (for grating)
The Chew Mozzarella Sticks Directions
- Lay the egg roll wrappers in front of you like a diamond.
- Brush the surface lightly with water.
- Lay a piece of cheese on the lower third of the diamond.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Roll the cheese in the wrapper halfway then fold in the corners of the wrapper like a burrito.
- Continue rolling and press to seal the edges.
- Place a non-stick pan over medium-high heat and add about 1/8-inch of oil to the pan, or just enough to coat.
- Once the oil shimmers, place several mozzarella sticks in the pan.
- Let cook 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until golden brown all around.
- Remove from oil to a paper towel lined plate and season immediately with salt.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- Plate with marinara sauce for dipping and top with grated parmesan.