Michael Symon: Kielbasa and Bean Stew Recipe
The Chew hosts shared easy and affordable dinner party recipes in honor of their Extra Value Friday dinner party. Joining Michael Symon in the kitchen was a Chew viewer, Laura Domingues. Laura is a busy mom of two and amateur cook in search of a great new recipe.
Laura loves to cook, but she hates cooking under pressure. That’s why Michael shared his kielbasa and bean stew recipe. The simple comfort food dish would make a great addition to any dinner party. Plus, the stew costs only $1.29 per bowl!
Michael Symon’s Kielbasa and Bean Stew Ingredients:
- Olive Oil
- 1 pound Kielbasa (sliced into 1/2-inch rounds)
- 1 finely diced Onion
- 2 ribs of finely diced Celery
- 2 finely diced Carrots
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 finely minced Garlic cloves
- 1 15.5-ounce can Kidney Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 15.5-ounce can Cannellini Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 3 cups Napa Cabbage (sliced into 1/2-inch strips)
- 1 cup White Wine
- 4 cups Water
- 1 thinly sliced Jalapeno
- 1/2 cup Cilantro
The Chew’s Kielbasa and Bean Stew Directions:
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high flame. Once oil is hot, add kielbasa and cook 3-4 minutes, until just slightly browned.
- Add onion, celery, carrot, salt and pepper and saute for another 4-5 minutes. Once vegetables are just beginning to soften, add garlic and cook for an additional 1 minute.
- Add beans and lightly mash with a potato masher. Add cabbage and toss together, coating everything evenly. Season to taste.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine and scrape brown bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Add water and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Let stew simmer gently for 1 hour, until thickened. Serve with freshly sliced jalapenos and cilantro.
Daphne Oz: Chocolate & Peanut Butter Haystack Recipe
All you need left to complete your delicious meal is dessert! As a last minute sweet treat, Daphne invented a chocolate & peanut butter haystack recipe. This simple treat comes together using an unexpected ingredient: breakfast cereal.
Daphne Oz’s Chocolate & Peanut Butter Haystack Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup Peanut Butter
- 10 ounces Chocolate (melted)
- 3 cups Shredded Wheat (broken into small pieces)
- 1 1/2 cups toasted Coconut
The Chew’s Chocolate & Peanut Butter Haystack Directions:
- Add peanut butter to melted chocolate and stir. In a separate bowl, combine shredded wheat and coconut. Pour chocolate mixture over shredded wheat and toss to coat evenly.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop heaping spoonfuls of mixture and place into mini cupcake liners.
- Place in the fridge for 15 minutes to set, then serve.