Michael Symon: Hot Sauce Fried Chicken Recipe
Jewel returned to The Chew for one more segment, because not even celebrities can resist fried chicken! To celebrate comfort foods, Michael Symon whipped up a batch classic fried chicken. However, this was no ordinary fried chicken – it also contained bacon and hot sauce. For a spicy, decadent comfort food treat, try Michael Symon’s hot sauce fried chicken recipe.
Michael Symon Hot Sauce Fried Chicken Ingredients:
- 3 pounds Chicken Thighs and Legs
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 bottle of Hot Sauce
- 3 cups Buttermilk
- 3 cups Flour
- Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 pound Bacon
- 2 chopped Scallions
The Chew’s Hot Sauce Fried Chicken Directions:
- Start this recipe the night before. Season the chicken pieces generously with salt and pepper. Place in a resealable bag and pour in hot sauce. Place the bag in a casserole dish, massage chicken in the bag to make sure pieces are completely coated, and let marinate in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, dip the chicken pieces in the buttermilk and then dredge them in flour. Place on a resting rack and then place the rack in the refrigerator for six hours.
- Preheat a large pot of oil to 325 degrees. Remove the chicken from the fridge 15 minutes before use. Place the bacon in the oil to render and fry chicken in batches until golden brown, about 10-12 minutes. Remove and chop the crispy bacon.
- Remove fried chicken to a paper towel lined plate and sprinkle with salt. Top with chopped bacon and scallions and serve immediately.
Daphne Oz: Bacchanal Buffet Caesar’s Palace Las Vegas
Daphne Oz also visited the Bacchanal Buffet at Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas, which is the world’s largest buffet. Executive Chef Scott Green explained that the concept of Bacchanal Buffet – which features over 600 dishes – is “nine restaurants under one roof." Daphne went to work tossing pizza dough, shucking oysters and flipping crepes at the place where you can find all the comfort foods you want under one roof.