The Chew: Braised Brisket Recipe
Michael Symon prepared a great Braised Brisket Recipe on The Chew. Get the recipe to make it for lunch or dinner.
This dish is designed to give you a tender brisket without needing a smoker, but to get the job done, you have to give it a good sear on both sides. Not everyone has a smoker. According to guest co-host and music star Jewel, you can also prepare brisket in a slow cooker overnight.
The various flavors can really come out and combine during the slow cooking process, and you can make decadent brisket sandwiches using Jewel’s Cheddar Jalapeno Bacon Biscuits.
Jewel said the sandwich turned out moist, with “a great flavor.” Symon said that a brisket cooked via this method is guaranteed to be juicy.
The Chew: Michael Symon Braised Brisket Ingredients
- 3 lb Beef Brisket
- 1/2 lb Bacon
- 2 Carrots
- 3.5 oz Chipotle Chiles
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Jalapeno
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 3 cups Beef Broth
- 12 oz Lager Beer
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Michael Symon: The Chew Braised Brisket Directions
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Heat a pot on medium high.
- Season brisket thoroughly with salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil to heated pot and place brisket inside.
- Sear for about seven minutes, until browned.
- Flip and repeat on the other side. Remove brisket from pan.
- Add bacon until browned, stirring regularly. Bacon should cook in another seven minutes.
- Mix in jalapeno, carrots, onion, crushed garlic, and chipotle.
- Cook another few minutes, until tender.
- Use beer to deglaze the pot with your wooden spoon.
- Return brisket to pan, adding beef stock and simmering.
- Cook about two and a half to three hours.
- Beef should be tender when done.
- Let rest before slicing and serving.
- For sandwiches, serve sliced meat on Cheddar, Jalapeno & Bacon Biscuits.