The Chew: Michael Symon’s Beef Jerky Recipe
Michael Symon’s beef jerky recipe and Clinton Kelly’s crispy chicken and biscuits recipe are the perfect solution for your late-night cravings. They aren’t loaded with calories, and won’t leave you waking up regretting your late-night indulgances.
The Chew: Michael Symon’s Beef Jerky Recipe Ingredients
- 2 pounds Eye of Round (all fat removed)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 2 teaspoons Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne
- 1 teaspoon Chipotle Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
The Chew: Michael Symon’s Beef Jerky Directions
- Cut the beef into 6′ strips, 1/2″x1/2″ and 6 inches long.
- You want to cut the beef with the grain for this process.
- During the cooking process, the beef will lose a lot of water weight, and it will shrink significantly and reduce in size.
- If it seems like it is cut too thick, it is more than likely the correct size!
- Combine all of the rest of the ingredients and season the beef aggressively with it (you will use all of the seasoning).
- Personalize your jerky by creating your own dry rub.
- Refrigerate, covered for 24 hours or put in a plastic gallon sized bag.
- Place the strips on a baking rack lined with a sheet tray.
- You want nice even space surrounding the strips as they should not be touching or over lapping.
- This will allow for even drying.
- Place in a 250 degree oven for 4 to 5 hours or until fairly dry but still chewy.
- Store the jerky in an airtight container at room temperature.
- It will last for several months.
The Chew: Clinton Kelly’s Crispy Chicken and Biscuits Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless Chicken Thighs
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and freshly cracked Black Pepper to taste
- store bought Refrigerated Biscuits
- 6 slices Cheddar Cheese
- Hot Sauce to serve
- Bread and Butter Pickles to serve
For The Spicy Mayo
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Hot Sauce
The Chew: Clinton Kelly’s Crispy Chicken and Biscuits Directions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Generously coat in olive oil and lay pieces flat. Bake for 45 minutes or until crispy.
- Remove from oven and top each piece with a slice of cheese.
- Return chicken to the oven if needed to melt.
- Meanwhile, cook biscuits according to package instructions.
For the Spicy Mayo:
- In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise and hot sauce together until incorporated.
- Cut biscuits in half and top with a piece of chicken and cheese.
- Spread spicy mayonnaise on the top biscuit and place on chicken.
- Garnish with pickles and hot sauce.