The Chew: How To Bake Carrot Bread Recipe
They say that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. But what if the man is the one who wants to do the work in the kitchen? Michael Symon showed a man how to impress his wife with a simple Carrot Bread Recipe on The Chew. Now you can impress someone as well by making the recipe for yourself.
The Chew: Michael Symon Carrot Bread Ingredients
Newlywed Anthony teamed with Michael to learn how to cook for his wife, Victoria. She said that she enjoys working in the kitchen, but she would like Anthony to be able to work with food as well.
You’ve heard of carrot cake and banana bread. This is somewhere between the two on the baking scale. Here is how it works.
- 1 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter, soft
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 zested Orange
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 medium Carrots, grated
- 1/4 cup Pistachios, chopped
The Chew: Carrot Bread Recipe Directions
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Prepare a 9×5 loaf pan.
- Combine butter with sugar ingredients for about five minutes in a mixer.
- Add in your egg, orange zest, vanilla, and milk. Mix to incorporate.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- Throw in carrots and mix until coated.
- Combine dry and wet mixtures in multiple stages, ensuring that ingredients are well blended.
- Do not over-mix the batter or your cake could be tough.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and top with pistachios.
- Bake for about an hour. Test with a toothpick or tines of a fork; if it comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Remove from oven and let cool before serving.
- Optionally, serve with butter or whipped cream.