The Chew: Mario Batali’s Chicken Pasta Salad with Green Olives and Raisins
Every barbecue cookout needs a some kind of salad to go with it. Rather than make you toil over making a decision, Mario Batali made it easy on all of us by choosing for us with his chicken pasta salad recipe.
The Chew: Mario Batali’s Chicken Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 pound Bow-Tie Pasta
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 pound Chicken Breast (cut into strips)
- 1/2 Red Onion (sliced into half moons)
- 3/4 cup Green Olives (pitted and halved)
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1 cup Hellmann’s Mayonnaise Dressing with Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice (or more to taste)
- zest of an Orange
- 1/4 cup Parsley leaves (lightly packed)
The Chew: Mario Batali’s Chicken Pasta Salad Directions
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions.
- After you cook the pasta following the package instructions, submerge it in ice water so that the pasta stops cooking and keeps its al dente texture.
- Add oil, chicken strips, onions, olives and raisins to a hot pan.
- Ask your butcher to slice up your chicken breast for the salad.
- Cook until chicken is cooked through and onions are softened.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine Hellmann’s, orange zest and juice to create a dressing.
- You can use dried cranberries instead of raisins and other juices like grapefruit or lemon instead of orange.
- Add cooled pasta, parsley, chicken and olive mixture to dressing and toss to coat.
- This pasta salad can be served chilled or at room temperature.